Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not Just A Murderer...

Obviously, Michael Barrymore is an easy target. He made for a fairly personable game show host, but in the years after the Stuart Lubbock murder investigation he cut a weird, ghost-like figure and made the most of his time in AA.

It would be easy to empathise with a man who was in the public eye and struggled for so long with his sexuality and alcoholism (tears of a clown, etc.) but for this grimy piece of 1984 TV.

Most people have probably seen it but, in case you haven't:

2 comments:

  1. I really don't know how to respond to this, except to say how much he reminds me of Derek - I guess I must be grieving or something. It's been such a difficult few days for us all - I think I need a cup of tea now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He definitely has the flexibility in his legs, but I'd say Derek is a good five or six years away from alcoholism and being involved in murder at sex parties.

    ReplyDelete