Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hell In A Handcart

Was watching an informative BBC Four documentary the other night with my 'better half'. After it, I turned to her and asked what she thought of Milton Friedman's laissez-faire policy regarding taxation, but she stared blankly at me. I tried explaining the matter in more detail, thinking perhaps she hadn't quite grasped some aspect of a complex subject. Turned out it wasn't that at all; she'd be going to the bathroom to snort mephedrone for the duration of the film and was having trouble thinking about anything but sneaking down to her friends in some seedy nightspot.

1 comment:

  1. Thank god it wasn't just me! I too, turned to my other half after the same documentary, only to find her head down in the cushions, arse akimbo, hoovering the crumbs of yesteryear in the vain hope of acquiring a forgotten nodge.

    It's that pesky Milton Friedman's fault, meddling from beyond the grave, through the medium of television...

    What do you expect from the man who once gave a lecture in Iceland on the 'Tyranny of the Status Quo'. Thats just...mean, man. 'Pictures of Matchstick Men' is an anthem for us all!

    P.S. The other half hasn't moved in 36 hours. Should I call an ambulance, or Chris De Burgh?

    ReplyDelete